|weekend, credit card, stuff
||[Jun. 20th, 2005|10:39 pm]
So I had a fun weekend. I was going to write about it, but wonderjess did such a good job that I'm not going to bother. Thanks!
Work's going generally well, although I'm a little stressed because I'm trying to finish the feature I'm working on by the end of this week. I think I can do it, but it's gonna be close.
ASMC rehearsal went OK tonight - I missed rehearsal on Saturday so I'm way behind on the choreography (but I picked up some of it...) I'm a little disappointed that all the songs I'm in are pretty easy, and not horribly interesting. Oh well.
So I applied for a new credit card, and the stuff came in the mail on Wednesday. However, the credit card wasn't with it! I looked everywhere for it, and David said that sometimes they send them separately from the info, which makes sense, but I figured that that couldn't possibly be the case since it didn't mention that anywhere, and it said specifically to activate your card and stuff like that. Figuring it somehow didn't get sent or whatever, I called and reported it as "lost or stolen". And then, today comes the other letter with the credit card in the mail. Grrr!
Reasons that del.icio.us is cool:
- You can store your bookmarks there and access them from anywhere. This is pretty handy (although, be careful, they're all public so anyone can see!)
- Each bookmark has tags associated with it - as many as you want. On my bookmark file at home, I have different categories, but they're kinda hard to tell apart (is that bookmark "Linux" or "reference"?) Tags solve this problem in the simplest way possible - it's both! Then when you look for the tag "linux" it's there, and it's also there when you look for "reference".
- You can search for multiple tags at once in your bookmarks to narrow things down. For example, del.icio.us/gregstoll/pictures shows all my bookmarks with the tag "pictures", and del.icio.us/gregstoll/pictures+family shows all my bookmarks that have both the tag "pictures" and the tag "family".
- The name del.icio.us is cool!
- You can have useful tags like toread and topost that keep track of what's on your reading list.
Check out my bookmarks at del.icio.us/gregstoll. Next time - ways to look at other people's bookmarks!