|friday linked list: living 18 miles from Mom, Volkswagen, food stamps
||[Jan. 8th, 2016|02:58 pm]
- The Typical American Lives Only 18 Miles From Mom - I found this pretty surprising.
- What Was Volkswagen Thinking? On the origins of corporate evil—and idiocy - indeed
- In Defense Of Food Stamps: Why The White House Sings SNAP's Praises - because it reduces poverty!
- Is Uber ripping off its drivers? The woman who beat Starbucks and FedEx in court says yes - I really like the idea behind Uber, but I'm not a fan of the "contractorization" of Uber and similar startups.
- Get to Know the Monmouth Bench Mob - pretty great if you like weird college basketball celebrations!
- The ‘Miracle’ Program That Actually Reduces Gun Violence - sounds like a good program
- The most misleading charts of 2015, fixed - that global warming one makes me laugh every time (thanks James!)
- The Dorks Awaken, Hopefully (star wars SPOILERS) - I hadn't thought about it this way, but I agree!
- At long last...my “Star Wars: Episode VII” review. The Force Awakens & the rise of idiot journalism. (star wars SPOILERS) - excellent takedown of a ridiculous article
- Here is the crazy story of a guy who embezzled a lot of money from a bakery. I found it interesting how he got away with it for so long and no one suspected him...
- Normalization of Deviance in Software: How Completely Messed Up Practices Become Normal - I'm starting to realize that I contribute to this :-( Listen to new people!
- Nick Offerman and Megan Mullally must really love to do puzzles - hahaha what?