You look like snoopy, and it makes me smile.
I tried to work on my new facebook app, and made the same little amount of progress that I had on the previous one, but I just felt confused. I think the ideas I have are all pretty heavily friends based which seems hard to do with the API. I'm probably gonna let this idea die unless I get a huge burst of inspiration, which seems unlikely. Supposedly this is why "fun" projects are better than work - if they don't end up working out, you don't have to force it. I still feel bad about it though, like I'm failing and not good at "this stuff".
You really wowed that rep from the Cincinnati office! (thanks for the real quote, which was a little hard to find)
I had a long weird dream Friday night, the culmination of which was that searching for minnesota guacamole was very important. The results, as you can probably imagine, are not interesting.
Links I was going to share on my now-defunct neato Facebook thing:
- My LJ friends page (refreshing obsessively)
- Facebook (refreshing somewhat less obsessively)
- Bloglines, my RSS aggregator. Places I would visit every day were they not in my RSS feeds: Salon, Slate, The Old New Thing (Windows programming)
- kottke - general web goodness
- daringfireball - Mac-centered (I'm wearing their T-shirt today!)
- Worse Than Failure (formerly The Daily WTF) - bad code
- programming.reddit.com - programming/software-related links
- WOW Insider - random WoW topics
- Consumerist - fight the man!
- Kotaku - gaming
- Joystiq - more gaming
- The Secret Diary of Steve Jobs - hilarious!
- Fire Joe Morgan - good baseball blog
- Crawfish Boxes - Astros!
- Nintendo Wii Fanboy