Hey, good ideas! Here are my thoughts:
- I've thought about this - my app segments nicely into reading posts and writing posts. But, I'm afraid that giving away reading posts (which was by far most of the work) is giving away too much (most people might be happy with just that), and giving away writing posts doesn't show off how useful reading posts is. Plus, submitting another app in the App Catalog costs $50, so I'd need to sell ~25 more copies just to break even.
- Yeah, I've been kinda lazy about LJ for WebOS website
. Point taken.
- I think I'm pretty decent here - googling for palm livejournal
puts me in the #3
spot, and for webos livejournal
I have spots #1
1) Yeah, LJ is pretty popular in Russia, but I don't think any WebOS phones are available there. (and certainly you can't buy apps there)
2) There's already a pretty good free iPhone app
(although the ratings are low...interesting) and some Android ones, although I can't seem to view the details.
More philosophically, I can't get too excited about developing an app that I can't use...since this is just something I work on in whatever free time I can squeeze out, I doubt I'd be able to work on one of those for too long.
3) That's a good idea - if I could think of a good way to unify the interface (as opposed to having LJ, Twitter, Facebook sections) I might do that. That's a lot more work, though, and there are a bunch of good Twitter clients and an official (free) Facebook client already on WebOS.