||[Nov. 4th, 2010|11:51 am]
I'm going to Germany next week! Looks like I'll be busy with work stuff, but hopefully I'll have some time to see some sights.
- An off-duty police officer in NYC foiled a robbery by shooting the gunman's revolver out of his hands, which is something you're probably told not to do but is really effective if you can make it work.
- Speaking of people being good at their job, check out this goalie's mad dash back to defend his own goal. If he's really that fast, why isn't he playing a position that requires more running? (or maybe he's just better rested - it is the end of a 90 minute game...)
- Speaking of sports and other hobbies, the Austin Comic Con is coming up next week, with Billy Dee Williams, Adam West, Burt Ward, and Lee Majors. I didn't know we had a Comic Con!
- Speaking of things that make me happy, the rumor mill is suggesting there might be an even better Palm phone coming out next year on Sprint. Please please please!
- Speaking of things that interest me to the point of obsession, a psychologist suggests some tips on being happy: buying experiences instead of things, buying many small pleasures instead of big ones, and so on.
Please let "next year" = "the same day as Palm's presentation at CES".
Man, that would be awesome...even just announcing it and saying when it will be available is good enough for me!
Yeah, it would be, since I'm limping along with a refurb with audio issues.
The less time I have to wait, the better.
shooting a revolver out of a gunman's hands is pretty freakin' impressive. handguns are inaccurate enough as it is.
goalie's mad dash - adrenaline and fear can motivate the human body to do amazing things ;) and you're right, he is better rested, relatively speaking.
i'm not hearing good things about Palm's products from a friend who used to work at Palm...just saying =\
2010-11-04 11:14 pm (UTC)
I'm currently reading Gretchen Rubin's "Happiness Project". One of her quotes on the topic is "money doesn't buy happiness in the same way good health doesn't buy happiness".
2010-11-04 11:18 pm (UTC)
Re: Buying happiness
Yeah! I'm a big fan of her blog. She makes a lot of sense.