|usual friday links
||[Sep. 9th, 2011|01:04 pm]
- Guys, we did it! Texas had the hottest June-August of any state, ever. So...can we get some rain now, please?
- Americans Should Be Able to Sell Stuff Without a Permit - well-said. (thanks, djedi!)
- Views Differ on Shape of Earth, Climate Edition - sigh. 98% of climate scientists think that manmade global warming is happening, but most Americans think that the number is closer to 50%. This is the sign of a successful disinformation campaign.
- Long article on why Finland's schools are successful. Their schools sound almost KIPP-ish...
- Did the CIA Do Enough to Protect Bin Laden's Hunter? - these days it's harder and harder to protect identities.
- The MOB mocks Rick Perry