|Independence Day links!
||[Mar. 2nd, 2012|11:52 am]
(Texas Independence Day, that is)
- Ze Frank (of The Show with Ze Frank) just launched a Kickstarter project to do another show! It's already met its goal, but the more supporters the more awesome it will be. I'm very excited, and hooray for Kickstarter!
- Right versus Pragmatic - I am very much a pragmatist. (although I agree with Andy Ihnatko's complaint about the sense of entitlement...)
- The White House's Economic Case for Reelection in 13 Charts - or, politics + charts = linkbait for me.
- The Power of Being Pulled Over - pulling over drivers affects their behavior for a long time!
- Sprinkles Cupcakes Explains Its 24-Hour 'Cupcake ATM' - Houston's going to have round-the-clock access to cupcakes!
- Giant Prehistoric Penguins Stood Nearly 5 Feet Tall
Liz and I were pulled over for speeding in our neighborhood back shortly after we got married. To this day, she'll drive exactly the speed limit when not on the highway.
And I agree with you and Marco re: pragmatism.
Yeah. I find that my pragmatism makes me good at fixing short-term problems and less good at addressing them long-term. Which is a good thing to watch out for with work-related stuff...
I'm amused by the penguin article. The headline reads "nearly 5 feet tall," the first paragraph says "almost 4 ft 6 in", and later in the article it says the penguins were 4' 2". Whatever happened to consistency? And accuracy?
Heh, that is a good point. Maybe a better headline would be "Prehistoric penguins: taller than you'd expect!"
meh, it slows me down for a day or two, tops. Got places to be.