- America...And The Rest - hey, looks like stimulus was a better choice than austerity, no? Maybe there's something to this Keynesian stuff.
- Grover Norquist, author of the "never ever vote for a tax increase" pledge, is facing somewhat of a revolt in the Republican party. Which I think is good: the idea that you could sign a pledge saying never to vote for anything, no matter what the circumstances, seems rather short-sighted. (I'm talking about economics here, not, say, civil rights and such)
- Warren Buffett still thinks we need higher taxes on the wealthy.
- A long article about the recent marriage initiative fights in the four states. Spoiler alert: we win!
- Now that same-sex marriage is legal in Washington state, here are pictures of happy people, including Dan Savage!
- And since the Supreme Court will be hearing same-sex marriage cases, the Onion gets a scoop with an editorial from Clarence Thomas: I Get To Determine Whether Gay People Can Marry.
- Morgan Freeman narrates an LGBT equality ad! First they ignore you, then they fight you, then Morgan Freeman does an ad for you, then you win.
- I found this page of C++ pitfalls both enlightening and depressing. There seem to be an unbounded number of very small mistakes you can make that still compile and yet act very wrong.
- A long story about the origins of Lost, at Grantland of all places.
- The new SimCity is coming in March! Check out this 10 minute strategy video to get a feel for what it will be like. I am excited!