- More documents came out in the lawsuits about the no-hire agreements between Apple and other high-tech companies, and Jobs's letter to Palm includes the following:
I'm sure you realize the asymmetry in the financial resources of our respective companies when you say: "We will both just end up paying a lot of lawyers a lot of money."Ouch! Some of the other documents are pretty damning as well - even if the only policy was "don't pursue people from these companies, but it's OK to hire them if they come to us", I think that's still kinda wrong.
- NFL Fans on Facebook - a comprehensive analysis of which parts of the country root for which teams. Good stuff! I love when Facebook does neat stuff with their data.
- SimCity vs. The Suburban Sprawl - I got to play the SimCity beta last weekend and I'm looking forward to the real release!
- Hackers in China Attacked The Times for Last 4 Months - yikes, cyberwarfare is becoming a thing...
- Republicans' No-Fingerprints Strategy on Gay Marriage - clearly this is just happening in bluish states, but this is still an amazing turnaround from not so long ago!
- Dan and Me: My Coming Out as a Friend of Dan Cathy and Chick-fil-A - written by an ardent LGBT activist.
- Sewers, Curfews and a Ban on Gay Bias - or "Tiny Kentucky Town Bans LGBT Discrimination, Defies Stereotypes"
- Disney's Oscar-nominated "Paperman" debuts online - I hadn't seen it before and it's really very good.
- Cute Child of the 90s ad for Internet Explorer