|link friday: a bunch of Obamacare stuff, and then some other things
||[Sep. 27th, 2013|02:55 pm]
The Affordable Care Act (aka Obamacare) health exchanges open next week (if the government doesn't shut down!), so here are some interesting links about it/them:
- Final Word On Obamacare Coverage: Cheaper Than Expected - definitely some caveats here, but premiums are lower than expected. The free market at work!
- How eight lives would be affected by the health law - interesting look by the Washington Post, although of course this is a tiny sample size.
- The Plot To Kill Obamacare - this just in, Republicans will do almost anything to prevent Obamacare from happening or working.
- Free to Be Hungry - it blows my mind that, with the growing inequality we have in the US, some people think that cutting food stamps is a good idea. (food stamps are less than $5 a day per person)
- Here Are the GOP's Debt-Ceiling Demands, and They Are Insane - the title says it all.
Other non-politics things, which you might need after the depressing state of politics these days, or at least I sure do:
- Unhappy Truckers and Other Algorithmic Problems - interesting article about optimizing routes for UPS drivers.
- A Hospital Tells Police Where Fights Happen, And Crime Drops - neat!