|link friday: too many cooks, booo Russia
||[Nov. 7th, 2014|01:30 pm]
- Adult Swim’s Too Many Cooks is the weirdest sitcom to never exist - if you have twelve(!) minutes and like weird things, I'd recommend watching this without reading anything about it. (mildly NSFW) This originally aired on Adult Swim at 4 AM and...wow.
- My cousin Oskaar - an adorable NSFW rant about daylight savings time. (thanks, whoever showed this to me!)
- Russia removes Steve Jobs memorial after Tim Cook public essay - not only is this terrible, it makes approximately zero sense. (also, who knew there was a random memorial to Steve Jobs in Russia?)
- A nice long bio of Christopher Nolan, just in time for Interstellar to open this weekend. Which I'm very excited about, somewhat uneven reviews be damned!
- Mom Tries To Explain Inception, Adorably Massacres The Plot - aww! (thanks destroyerj!)
Just some things to read
- Why Is It Bad For Tech To Eat Jobs? - yeah...if this becomes a thing, I think we're going to need a basic income or a guaranteed minimum income or something.
- Interesting article on the psychological effects of traveling to space.
Depressing long reads
- The $9 Billion Witness: Meet JPMorgan Chase's Worst Nightmare - Matt Taibbi is back at Rolling Stone, and this article is a doozy. Sigh.
- How One Lawyer’s Crusade Could Change Football Forever - here's the part that really resonates with me:
The essential argument of the players’ claims is that a compact was broken: They understood that they were giving their bodies over to football, but they did not realize they were also putting their intellectual and emotional well-being at risk. Marshall said he had experienced headaches and depression since the end of his career. “When you get into football, you think about hurting your knees, your back, even your neck. But your brain, man, no. We didn’t think about that. I didn’t sign up for that.”