|Christmas link friday: surgeons keeping score, abundance without attachment
||[Dec. 19th, 2014|01:52 pm]
Merry Christmas (almost!) If you like technical ebooks all of Packt Publishing is on sale for $5 today.
- Should Surgeons Keep Score? - yes...yes, they should! Measuring results helps you get better.
- 122 Things Everyone Should Know About Investing and the Economy - some of these are a bit repetitive, but on the whole it's good advice. (thanks Adam!)
- Abundance without Attachment - as always, money isn't the root of all evil, but love of money is. Also: spend money on experiences, not things!
- In Praise of Small Miracles - more about how nudging people to do good things (saving for retirement, etc.) can work.
- Air Fares 101 – Why do fares change all the time? - a pretty good explanation of why plane fares go up and down, seemingly without reason.
- Every Episode of Every ‘Star Trek’ Series Ever, Ranked (warning: link to playboy.com) - I didn't read the whole thing, but the top 20 or so look pretty solid. Impressive work!