|link friday: Mathnet, board games, latin
||[Feb. 6th, 2015|11:00 am]
- 9 facts only Mathnet fans will care about - the title is linkbait, but ZOMG it's Mathnet! So good. (Phil Hartman auditioned for the role of George Frankly!) Also, now I want to visit the LA Police Museum! (thanks so much Jessica!)
- Vermont Proposes Official Latin Motto, Wingnuts Tell Vermont To Go Back To Mexico - le sigh
- What's New in CPUs Since the 80s and How Does It Affect Programmers? - if you have an hour or two and want to learn about all the crazy things that can affect performance, this is the article for you!
- The Worst Board Games Ever Invented - FiveThirtyEight meets BoardGameGeek! See also Designing The Best Board Game On The Planet (hmm, I haven't played Twilight Struggle) and Stop Playing Monopoly With Your Kids (And Play These Games Instead).
- Capital One Fraud Researchers May Also Have Done Some Fraud - so I guess this is fraud, but it's pretty clever fraud!
- A pixel version of the Simpsons intro with chiptune music - nicely done!
- Thoughts on Becoming an Adventurer - cool, an adventurer is a real job!