|link saturday: excessive medical care, smart social programs, 2 minute walks
||[May. 16th, 2015|09:37 pm]
- Atul Gawande has a great article about excessive medical care and what some places are doing to fight it. It's a long read, but worth it!
- So Seymour Hersh wrote a long article claiming the government lied about a lot of things regarding Osama bin Laden's death, including the fact that Pakistan gave him up to the US. There are a bunch of articles that point out a lot of flaws with the article, but the Columbia Journalism Review says we should take it more seriously. So...?
- Smart Social Programs - social programs do help improve social mobility. Let's have more of them!
- A 2-Minute Walk May Counter the Harms of Sitting - encouraging, I guess!
- The mathematically proven winning strategy for 14 of the most popular games (thanks Jessica!)
- ABC is making a new Muppet show - the trailer looks OK, but man the voices are wrong!
- The fact that people make wrong predictions (about Obamacare being a disaster, etc.) and then don't take responsibility for them makes me sad.
- Playing With My Son: An experiment in forced nostalgia and questionable parenting - pretty awesome!
- SpaceX made some awesome travel posters for Mars - I love art deco! (this is "art deco", right? Whatever this is, that's what I like)
- @_FloridaMan Beguiles With the Hapless and Harebrained - here's @_FloridaMan on Twitter, and here are the best @_FloridaMan tweets. There are some gems in there!
- Joining The Avengers Is As Deadly As Jumping Off A Four-Story Building