|friday linked list: the ice bucket challenge revisited, some hopefulness on climate change
||[Sep. 17th, 2015|02:13 pm]
- Payday for Ice Bucket Challenge’s Mocked Slacktivists - I will admit, I also rolled my eyes. I guess I was wrong!
- The Sunniest Climate-Change Story You’ve Ever Read - umm, hooray, I think?
- Coal, Gas, Nuclear, Hydro? How Your State Generates Power - related to the previous article, coal usage is down a lot in only 10 years!
- What Are a Hospital’s Costs? Utah System Is Trying to Learn - so weird that they don't know these things already, but it's good that things are starting to change (prompted by Obamacare!)
- A history of World of Warcraft’s gold economy (thanks Kurtis!)
- How to Build a Metro-Sized Moving Walkway - oh man, this would be amazing! (just don't read the long list of reasons it is impractical)
- The Astros celebrated their home runs Wednesday night by devouring gummy bears - let's think about this article, written in happier times for the Astros. (i.e. a week ago)
- The Real Cuban Missile Crisis - long article, but worth a read if you haven't heard the real story behind it. (the crisis was largely JFK's fault for putting Jupiter missles in Italy and Turkey)
- Elsevier, that just freaked me out. - distributing tiny USB devices that pretend to be keyboards is unsettling!