|friday linked list: Hillary Clinton, Donald Trump, corruption
||[Jul. 15th, 2016|10:53 am]
- Understanding Hillary: Why the Clinton America sees isn’t the Clinton colleagues know - similar to some other ones that I've posted, but this takes a closer look at how she's good at listening (and why that may help her govern), and how her mistrust of the press leads her to make mistakes.
- Would Donald Trump Quit if He Wins the Election? He Doesn’t Rule It Out - well that's just great. Look, I get that people like how Trump "speaks his mind" and such, but this is just insulting. If he doesn't want to be president then he shouldn't have run. The position he's seeking is the leader of the free world and it deserves some respect.
- I'm a black ex-cop, and this is the real truth about race and policing - depressing!
- The Dallas Police Force Is Evidence That ‘De-escalation’ Policing Works - hopeful!
- The Driving Life And Death Of Philando Castile - Between July 2002 and his death, he was stopped by police 46 times. Only 6 of these were for things that a police officer could notice from outside a car. See also: The Senate's Only Black Republican Opens Up About Being Mistreated by Cops
- Is the Supreme Court Clueless About Corruption? Ask Jack Abramoff - yes, sigh.
- Elizabeth Warren’s Consolidation Speech Could Change the Election - ignore the clickbait headline, but the speech is very good and talks about how many industries are less competitive than they should be. (thanks David!)
- 107 Nobel laureates sign letter blasting Greenpeace over GMOs
- The Zero-Armed Bandit - wow, this sounds straight out of a movie, but it's true! If you like bombs, you'll like this article.
- When a Child Thinks Life Is Unfair, Use Game Theory - I like Random Dictator!
- Ranking the Most (and Least) Diverse Colleges in America - wow, Rice is #5!
- How Anti-Growth Sentiment, Reflected in Zoning Laws, Thwarts Equality
- Russia's Young Spies Just Wanna Have Fun - "Dozens of recent FSB graduates may have blown their cover when they filmed themselves driving expensive SUVs and posing for photographs with drinks." Hah!