|friday linked list: a war on climate change, the olympics, not too much about politics, I swear!
||[Aug. 19th, 2016|02:32 pm]
- We Need to Literally Declare War on Climate Change - interesting idea. In the US I fear we don't have the political will to do this.
- How Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump Differ on Taxes - Hillary wants to raise taxes for people making more than $1 million, and Trump wants to dramatically lower them. What a surprise!
- This Is Why There Are So Many Ties In Swimming - neat! Significant digits are fun.
- This is the best Usain Bolt picture that's ever been taken - hah, that's great! (this was a semifinal, not the final, so maybe that's why he's so relaxed?)
- The Soviet Doping Plan: Document Reveals Illicit Approach to ’84 Olympics - yikes, looks like the Soviets doped for a long time...
- Stealing bitcoins with badges: How Silk Road’s dirty cops got caught - Bitcoin is anonymous but very traceable.
- Learned Optimism - an interesting presentation about the difference between optimists and pessimists, and how you can train yourself to be more optimistic.
- The hottest new board games from Gen Con 2016 - some of these look pretty cool. Anyone played any of them?
- What does it take to be the organist for the Boston Red Sox? - man, that seems like a great job! (although I'm not hip enough to recognize most of the songs he plays in the clips in the article :-( )
- The Seven Ways To Become An Animation Powerhouse - apparently Laika makes good movies! I liked Coraline a lot, and they just came out with Kubo and the Two Strings which is getting great reviews. (although why use Rotten Tomatoes when Metacritic exists and is a better metric?)