|some thoughts about President Trump
||[Nov. 10th, 2016|09:53 am]
- Well, that was the worst election party ever...
- Take some time for yourself. It's OK to be sad and feel despair for a little while. Do what makes you happy: read a book, watch a movie, hug your family, go for a walk. I worked on an app last night, because creating makes me feel better. I'd advise against reading more about politics/the election for a bit. Come back when you feel ready.
- Don't lose too much faith in humanity. Hillary got more votes than Trump. And just because someone voted for Trump doesn't mean they're racist, misogynist, etc...although it does mean they're OK with having a president like that, but it's not the same thing.
- There are a lot of ugly things going on out there. I wish I could say that things are going to be OK, but honestly I have no idea. What's important is that we stand up for each other, no matter our race, religion, or country of origin.
- Get involved. If you didn't vote (and lots of people didn't!), take a long, hard look in the mirror. Worried about civil liberties? Donate to the ACLU. Worried about hate groups? Give to the SPLC.
- I found Bernie Sanders' statement to be pretty inspiring. The fight isn't over!