I think it tells girls that they don’t have to be fit. I think it’s setting up girls for unhealthy lives in the future and also for disappointing romantic lives.which is so amazingly stupid I just can't even. Anyway, Moana is a good movie and you should see it!
- Depressing Trump links: these are important, but maybe don't read them all one after another? Trump: The Choice We Face, Coping with Chaos in the White House (thanks Andrew!), and Twenty lessons in how to deal with authoritarianism.
- The Time an Engineer Accidentally Started the Space Race and Changed the Course of History - interesting, I didn't realize the space race took such cajoling to get started!
- Seattle Minimum Wage Experiment is Over - they raised their minimum wage to $15/hour and unemployment is down!
- How to Talk to Someone You Hate - some good advice here (thanks David!)
- The Real Reason Women Quit Tech (and How to Address It) - sigh, but at least there are ways to address this (thanks Adam!)
- Quantum physics offers new way to factor numbers - interesting! (thanks Stephen!)
- See Incredible Basketball Shot Set New World Record - impressive!