But personally it was a pretty good year. Here are some highlights:
- After announcing that we were expecting, our daughter Vanessa was born in September, with all the life upheaval that you would expect! She's great, even as she's having a cranky day as I post this. Both of my sisters also had children, so now Vanessa has even more cousins :-)
- As a babymoon we took a short vacation to Universal Studios and Disneyland!
- Because the time when we could easily do such things was running short, David and I did a bunch of escape rooms around Austin. Some of them were really good!
- I went back to India for work for two weeks with a day layover in London. This time I see an insanely exciting cricket match in person!
- My baseball win expectancy finder got mentioned in an article in the Washington Post!
- I got promoted at work to Principal Software Engineer!
- I released Know Your States for Windows 10. It's a good app if you desire to know your states :-) It also got featured by a few Windows app sites.
- I released Airport Guides for Windows 10, and later for Android. (they're free apps, check them out if you travel!)
- I also released Bridge Scorer for Windows 10.
- I went on a bit of a React kick this year, updating my floating point to hex calculator to use it (and show a nifty visualization of what the bits do!) as well as my Clue(TM) solver.
- I opined about why I don't like Uber.
Here's to 2017!